Bamboo Flooring CLEANING TIPS
- Keep your flooring dry and clean; avoid using large quantities of water to clean your floor. Do not clean flooring with acid or any other caustic solvents, or ammonia. This will cause damage to the floor’s coating. Clean the flooring with a soft cotton mop or cloth that contains a small amount of water and cleaner. Always avoid allowing liquids to stand on your floor.
- Use a moist cloth to blot up spills and spots as soon as they happen.
- Regularly vacuum, (using the hard floor attachment), dust mop or sweep the floor to prevent sand or abrasive dust from accumulating and scratching the finish.
- Do not use oil based, wax, polish, or strong ammoniated or abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder to clean the floor.
- Do not wash or wet-mop the floor with soap, water, oil soap detergent or any other liquid cleaning material. This could cause swelling, warping, delaminating and joint-line separation, and void the warranty.
PROTECTION AND MAINTENANCE
- Use rugs at entrance areas to help trap dust and dirt and also absorb moisture that would otherwise damage your floor.
When moving large heavy furniture or appliances, put a large heavy blanket or towel underneath to prevent scratches and dents. Before furniture is placed on your new floor, felt protector pads should be installed on the bottom of all furniture legs.
- Avoid placing heavy objects on the floor without protective padding. If you are moving heavy or coarse objects, place a protective padding under the bottom of the object.
- Please do not have the flooring covered by papers or plastic sheets/rugs if the house is being left vacant for long periods of time. You may notice colour changes in the flooring.
- When installing the flooring, be sure to keep the environment at constant temperature/humidity.
- As natural products, bamboo discoloration from sunlight is not considered a defect.
- The use of a wood stove, fireplace, and electric heat will create a very dry environment in your home. Maintaining an average relative humidity level of 45% will decrease the expansion and contraction of your floor.
Please contact us for a copy of Kingswell Flooring’s Warranty Terms and Conditions